When your auto loan has Take-Backs™, you have options. Take control with a Kasasa Auto Loan™ from CU Advantage.
- Competitive Rates
- Digital Dashboard
- Friendly Service
- Competitive rates on new or used vehicles
- Freedom to pay off your loan faster and reduce interest costs
- Additional funds (your "Take-Back® fund") are always available to withdraw — without penalties or fees
- Maintain anytime control of your loan with a mobile-friendly personal dashboard
- Pre-approval available for extra bargaining power at the dealership
- Refinance your current vehicle to potentially lower your rate
- Get free credit score help for maximum confidence when you apply
- Flexible terms customized to your unique situation
- Fast decision-making and processing from locals you can trust
- Friendly, attentive service right here in Southeast Michigan
How to Get Take-Backs
You can choose to stay on track. Or pay extra to get ahead — and access those additional funds anytime. Learn more about the Kasasa Loan®.
Accelerate the car-buying process.
To guide you through the car-buying process, we offer a wide variety of car-buying tools and tips — like easy pre-approvals, valuations, and CARFAX Vehicle History Reports. They’re all designed to put you (and keep you) in the driver’s seat!
When you're ready to go, start your application for pre-approval using the "Apply Now" button above or below.
You have found the perfect car — and you want it perfect forever!
However, sometimes life happens and accidents occur. When they do, Credit Union Advantage is here to help with GAP Coverage. Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) is an optional program available for your new or used vehicle. It’s peace of mind coverage for your dream ride.
This financial protection covers the difference in the balance on a car loan and its declared value, as determined by your primary insurance carrier, in the event that it is damaged beyond repair or stolen and never recovered.
What you should know:
- GAP is a supplemental coverage
- GAP does not replace your standard comprehensive, collision and liability coverage — it enhances it
- GAP provides financial protection for you in case of major accidents or damage
Ask a loan representative for additional information and the costs associated with this coverage.
At the beginning of the new model year (typically in the fall), dealers look to make room on the lot for the shiny new cars. This is your chance to get a good deal if you’re okay not having the very newest model.
Let us get you pre-approved for your loan so that you will know what you can afford and how much you will be paying each month.
Find the Average Transaction Price
Knowledge is power…and extra bucks in your pocket.
You can compare average transaction prices with the sticker price on the vehicle you’re considering at TrueCar.com.
Find the Dealer Invoice Price
Go to Edmunds.com and enter the make, model and trim level. You can even click “Incentives and Rebates” to see what manufacturer offers are out there.
Forget Monthly Payments
Do not negotiate with a dealer on monthly payments. Dealers often will extend loan terms to get you to the payment you want instead of giving you the best deal on the vehicle.
Instead, negotiate price only and let the credit union get you the best loan deal.
Work Your Trade and Purchase as Two Separate Transactions
Lumping the purchase and trade-in together provides the dealer the opportunity to give you a lower trade-in value and still look like they are giving you a good deal.
Be Prepared to Walk
Any price near or at invoice provides a profit to the dealer. If the salesperson leaves the room to “get my manager” and returns with bad news, leave and find another dealer.
A vehicle is not tied to a specific lot. Find the wheels that you want, test drive it, then leave immediately and get online.
Contact the internet managers at several dealers and ask for bids. When they contact you, let them know that you are shopping around and ask for their “best offer.”
Don’t Forget Insurance
Call your insurance company and get a quote on the cost to insure the vehicle you want.
The amount you owe on your vehicle and the amount it is worth usually take very different roads. GAP will assist you in covering the distance between them.
Most types of vehicles are eligible, and you can generally include GAP coverage in your vehicle loan payment.